– Newest album is even better than their last that made it to my Best of 2016 list. From drone to muscular chaos, made to challenge the cynical.
– Crisp production and strangling gurgling vocals, all within a wall of head churning explosion.
– Norwegians speak of despair in a shitty world with melodic black and horror.
– Stunning balance of soft gorgeous acoustic melodies against bleak frosty black metal. You understand why so many metal albums use the imagery of black limbed trees with light glowing between.
LIGHT DWELLER (AR)
– Arizona births jagged angular sharp complex death.
– Symphonic black metal with just the right touch of organic cello and organ and piano, without going overboard. Retains its sharp edge through out.
– Another explosive alien black metal offering from Iceland, raw and progressive and scary.
DEATH FORTRESS (NJ)
Wrath of God
– Speaking of New Jersey, the black metal scene is seething here. This allows itself to breath between suffocating, and melody rises to the top.
AT THE GATES (Sweden)
The Chasm (Per Boder guest vocalist)
– At the Gates has guest vocalists for their 2018 B side songs, and they are pretty frigging spectacular.
Atmosphere of Desolation
– Rumbling rasping screeching vocalist god.